Is It SPRING yet?

 Feels like Spring outside this week!   My gardening urges are surging right now but I will make myself wait a few more weeks before getting too revved up.  I have an old rose bush that I want to take out and replace with a climbing rose bush so that project might get started here soon.  I am still wanting to make raised gardens from clean wood so that project can start soon too.

I am hoping that by planting several lavender plants that the deer will be detered from eating our vegetable plants.  I will also plant some hot pepper plants, etc.  I witnessed the deer trail going through our yard when the yard was full of deep snow.  I have learned that deer (as other animals do) follow trails that are deeply ingrained into their habits.  Keeping that in mind I will plant outside of their trail.

We have a huge brush/branch pile that we will load into the pickup and haul out to a dump area that is used by the village.  We have been encouraged to burn the pile but neither my husband nor I are comfortable with that idea.  Some of it is black walnut wood which is quite hard and beautiful so if any of that can be salvaged we will do that.

Off to work!


Comments